Raytheon’s Electronic Packaging Materials and Process Development Department based has an immediate opportunity in El Segundo, CA for a Program Lead to provide technical leadership and hands-on development, systems integration and test support to various Space and Airborne Programs. In this position, you will be the representative of M&P to these programs to ensure proper material selection and integration, compliance to design rules, material’s compliance to environmental conditions and regulations, drawing reviews and overseeing program specific materials qualification. The Program Lead is responsible for overseeing program’s compliance to all Materials and Process specifications and procedures and is accountable to the Program Manager and their functional manager. Also, the program lead will engage with the manufacturing operations and assist in a cross functional team to resolve production lines concerns.
The Program lead will be expected to perform the following:
- Review and approve drawings, specifications and other command media documents
- Collaborate and interact with Program Managers, CPT and IPT Leads, Production line leads, Section Managers, and the Department Manager to achieve business objectives
- Be the liaison between Programs and Subject Matter Experts
- Lead by example and reinforce Raytheon’s Vision, Strategy, Goals and Values
- Drive alignment, motivation and collaboration within multifaceted and self-directed teams
- Mentor and knowledge share with new hires, peers and early career engineers
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable engineering experience
- Experience on a DoD or Air and Aerospace program in systems integration, test planning and execution, or verification and validation
- Experience in a Project/Task Lead, IPT or CPT Lead
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.?
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Materials, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Project management skills or certification (including Earned Value experience)
- In depth knowledge of electronic packaging for space and airborne system
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing principles and aerospace materials
- Experienced in Design of Experiment, Statistical Process Controls, and be capable of applying statistical data analysis method to raw data set
- Cross functional Experiences: System Engineering, Whole Life Engineering, Supply chain, Mission Assurance
- Prior experience with manufacturing operations, aerospace materials development, aerospace industry specifications and supplier collaboration and management
- Current Secret Security Clearance
Required Education: BS Degree in Chemistry, Materials, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.