The Manufacturing Liaison assists the Internal Program Manager (IPM) to plan, track, and manage all aspects of the production program. The Manufacturing Liaison should have a basic understanding of the production organization including manufacturing related policies and procedures.
The Manufacturing Liaison will perform activities in and serve as liaison between a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process reengineering.
- Interact with internal and external customers with respect to production planning, problem resolution, and process improvement
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for interventions and problem solving with program managers, factory managers, and customers
- Assures through contacts with outside departments that proper inventory balances are maintained, that quality is within acceptable standards, and that production goals are met
- Will identify and pursue cost reduction initiatives (CRIs)
- Participates as a team member for the program metrics team
- Understanding and use of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Supports development and presentation of Estimates at Complete (EAC)
- Supports Bid and Proposal activities
- Supports IPDS Gate 10 and 11 activities
- Generates / validates staffing plans
- Supports the Configuration Implementation Board (CIB), Problem Investigation Requests (PIR), Failure Review Board (FRB) and program Tech Teams
- All other duties as assigned
- The Manufacturing Liaison is required to possess a range of leadership and interpersonal skills. The incumbent must have demonstrated the following skills:
- 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Strong organizational, planning, and execution skills
- Effective communicator, able to build strong relationships and work with personnel at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data and information to convey a concise message to team members, leadership, and other relevant parties
- Competence in managing projects and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, persistence, and creativity in problem solving
- Understanding and utilization of business system tools
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Ability to Obtain U.S. Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software applications
- Familiarity with scheduling and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems
Engineering/Other Technical Positions - Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.