Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a Senior Level Technical Support Engineer for Field Engineering (FE) Technical Support Services at Tinker Air Force Base (AFB), Oklahoma.
This Technical Support Engineer shall be responsible for ensuring effective operation, maintenance, inspection, and technical support for Radar Testers for Dual String Radar Labs. Additionally, the engineer shall ensure that the lab test equipment is operating properly, and troubleshoot any hardware anomalies with minimal supervision. The engineer shall also ensure that all Operation and Computer Security practices are followed accordingly.
Special Work Environment
- May require working in a hazardous area (e.g. environmental chambers), and in shop environments.
- May require lifting of 50 lb., and in shop environments.
Typical tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Radar support for the Radar Mode Testers in support of the B-2 Software Sustainment Contract, and comply with facility Operation and Computer Security practices.
- Setup and verify the functional operation of Radar Labs prior to the beginning of the requested Radar shifts.
- Provide Radar Lab Shift Schedule Support, and Flight Test Support.
- Ensure prompt and accurate troubleshooting of Radar Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and Special Test Equipment (STE) in the Lab utilizing 1553 bus monitor and other electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Evaluate and sanitize failed LRUs from Flight Tests and Operational Wings, evaluate Radar Mode functionality using requirements and specification documents, ensure proper removal and replacement of failed Radar LRUs, and ensure the completion of proper documentation for property movement.
- Ensure that all daily accomplishments are documented in Lab Record Logs. Complete repairs on lab test equipment, as defined in the statement of work.
- Position requires successful completion of several recurring certifications and training courses.
- Some travel may be required.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Previous lab experience is required, along with familiarity with operating o-scopes and spectrum analyzers.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to perform as a technical expert to oversee hardware installation and removal, and failure/fault diagnosis.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, ability to complete comprehensive and accurate reports, and ability to effectively communicate with customers and follow appropriate protocols.
- Ability to support Radar shift requests on all three shifts.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (less than 6 years old since last adjudication and ability to obtain and maintain SAR approval within one year)
- US Citizenship
- 6 years of related experience, preferably with real-time airborne radars, which may be at an organizational or intermediate level.
- Military radar experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma processes is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting lab anomalies using available documentation including schematics and wire lists, RF anomalies utilizing the appropriate test equipment, and ensuring the proper documentation of test results and lab anomalies in record books.
- Experience with standard aircraft 1553B mux communication.
- Possess a good understanding of hexadecimal and binary numbering systems, which is necessary for data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard lab diagnostic test equipment, and solder and wire.
- Self-motivated, top performer, and ability to work without appreciable direction.
- Ability to function under operational pressures to meet tight schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 10 years' related experience OR High school Diploma with 14 years' of related experience.?
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.