IDS Engineering's Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The MED uses state-of-the-art tools, processes technology and Raytheon Six Sigma principles.
Organizational departments are aligned by the various technical disciplines and design products/services they provide:
- Antenna and Sensors
- Platform Integration
- Undersea and Electronic Systems
- Materials Engineering
- Rapid Hardware Solutions
- Manufacturing Engineering
Mechanical Engineering performs research, design, and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, manufacturing, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development and testing and manufacturing of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Overview of Position:
This requisition is for a senior level position with the Environmental Test Section. The ideal candidate would have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, and have experience in the Environmental Test field.
Brief statement of mission/purpose of work group:
The Environmental Test Section of the Rapid Hardware Solutions Department is responsible for planning, performing and reporting on structural, dynamic, static, acoustic, climatic, modal testing and other related Environmental Tests. The types of Environmental Tests include Proof of Design, Risk Mitigation, Proof of Manufacturing, Qualification and Engineering Tests on operating and non-operating hardware. Additionally, Environmental Test Section personnel develop environmental stress screening requirements and provide rapid response factory production support. The Environmental Test Section’s recent growth has caused a need for additional engineering depth.
- Perform instrumentation planning and test conduct of all Environmental Tests including vibration, mechanical shock, acoustic, temperature, altitude, humidity and structural testing
- Dynamic and thermal data acquisition and analysis
- Provide test fixture design coordination
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Work independently and take ownership of program/projects
- Prepare test plans, schedules, test reports and technical documentation of project work assigned
- Work directly with structural analysis personnel and manufacturing engineering
- Provide test guidance to junior section members
- Environmental Test background, with vibration, shock and thermal test and data acquisition experience required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project)
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas, test fixture design, field test instrumentation, acoustic testing and data acquisition/analysis or MatLAB
Required Education:BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- Experience with vibration and shock test fixture design and fabrication is desired
- Acoustic testing and data reduction experience
- Proficiency with Siemens LMS Test Lab vibration control systems/software
- Dynamic signal processing knowledge
- Proficiency with Unholtz-Dickie and Thermotron environmental test equipment
- Working knowledge of HALT/HASS testing and specifications is desirable
- Proficiency in Modal Test execution
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacture and Assembly, Design of Experiments, Six Sigma and statistical techniques
- Ability to work in a team environment and support multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow Follow Follow Follow
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.