The Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Department is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems throughout their life cycle to ensure effective operation, reliability, system safety, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user. We have an immediate need for a Reliability Engineer with experience in multiple WLE disciplines to be a member of a team comprised of System Safety Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and Supportability Engineers.
The candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter to perform WLE tasks in accordance with established procedures. The candidate will be an integral part of the WLE team as a Reliability Engineer supporting the MTS family of programs. The individual will conduct the following tasks, as necessary, in order to influence product reliability:
The individual will conduct the following tasks, as necessary:
- Work in a team of engineers responsible for the execution of reliability tasks
- Develop technical solutions to complex reliability problems that require the use of ingenuity and creativity with minimal supervision
- Facilitate and lead failure investigations
- Facilitate and lead Failure Review Board (FRB) meetings to discuss details of failures and failure trending
- Failure resolution through active management of FRACA system (Failure data collection/analysis, failure analysis, root cause & corrective action determination, facilitation of corrective action implementation, failure investigation reporting)
- Represent Raytheon at customer meetings as applicable
- Internal and external supplier interface to resolve reliability issues
- Work with other stake holders to prioritize and drive/lead improvement projects
- Minimum of 4 years of related Engineering experience
- Experience executing a Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) program
- Experience with application of Reliability principles in the production and sustaining phases
- Experience in gathering and analyzing data from a variety of sources
- Experience in reading and interpreting Engineering drawings, including assembly drawings, parts lists, wire lists, and schematics
- Experience with military documentation as it relates to reliability, maintainability and testability engineering
- Experience solving technical issues on complex electronic and/or electromechanical systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working across multiple organizational levels
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to function well in a high pressure multi-tasking environment
- Ability to apply reliability principles during production and sustainment program phases
- Experience in failure modes and mechanisms related to the assembly, test and repair of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs)
- Proactive and effective in addressing reliability issues with the program design and production support teams
- Experience in cross functional team environments, utilizing good technical writing, oral communication, and inter-personal skills to achieve technical objectives
- Experience working in the DoD customer community (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy)
- Familiar with WebRAD, VM, and common PDM.
BS Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics, or related technical fieldDesired Education:
MS Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics, or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.