Opportunity for a motivated Hardware Quality Engineer with strong technical and customer skills to join a busy Operations Quality Team.
Here at Raytheon, our Operations Quality Team ensures product and process quality with an emphasis on Product Compliance, Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement.
As a Hardware Quality Engineer (Quality Assurance Engineer II) embedded within the Production Value Stream, you’ll be an active participant on cross-functional teams, bringing Quality Science skills and expertise to drive issue resolution and will also frequently interface with internal (DCMA) and external (DoD/MDA) customers.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
· Process planning, inspection and test methodology as well as Non-Conforming Material Control, issue resolution and product acceptance.
· Defect prevention through data analysis and effective execution of Root Cause Analysis and associated Corrective Action Implementation.
· In addition, you’ll provide production floor support to address process and compliance issues from all levels.
· 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing Process/Production Floor Support role within one of the following disciplines Quality, Process, Engineering or Operations
· Experience with analytical skills in root-cause analysis and/or corrective/preventive actions.
· Good general knowledge of industry technical standards (such as J-STD 001, IPC610).
· Customer Interface experience
· Previous experience manufacturing printed circuit board assemblies (surface mount technology and thru-hole technology)
· Good general knowledge of industry technical standards (such as J-STD 001, IPC610),
· J-STD 001 or IPC 610 Certification
· Experience with quality systems, MDA Assurance Provisions, ISO/AS 9100, CMMI, quality concepts and general understanding of aerospace/defense regulations and standards
· Advanced Quality Science tool experience, e.g., PFMEA, DFMEA
· ASQ, Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Certification
· Experience with Manufacturing Process Documentation Generation
· General Statistical Process Control knowledge including implementation
· High energy, self-starting team player
· Ability to build effective customer relationships through partnering and collaboration
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Strong Planning, Facilitating and Team-coordination skills
· International Experience and/or bilingual
· Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Knowledge of MRP tools (e.g., SAP)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technical Discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 129742
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.