SAIC has an opening for a System Administrator to support the Global IT Modernization Lab Team on the Vanguard 2.2 1 program located in Springfield, VA.
• The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
• The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
• This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract.
• A current Secret security clearance is required for consideration and must be clearable to Top Secret.
• The candidate will be responsible for Thin Client Image creation, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of DOS systems, and support the systems integration lab.
• The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner.
• The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program.
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
• Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization Lab Team at the DOS Information Resources Management bureau.
• Create thin client images based on Linux operating system.
• Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure final product meets intent of the customer’s needs.
• Integrate, configure and support lab IT systems.
• Provide engineering support to enterprise-level solutions using virtual server hosting, backup solution and service level storage solutions.
• Support the implementation of VMware hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple lab environments.
• Update system and process documentation and user guides as needed diagrams and SOPs as needed. The Lab Systems Engineer will have daily interactions with contractor and government clients related to meeting technical requirements for a wide variety of initiatives.
• Bachelors degree with 3 years experience. Additional 4 years experience in lieu of a degree.
• Linux system administration and image creation.
• Testing procedures and test documentation creation.
• Familiarity with DOS environment (data and voice networks, IT systems, policies and procedures).
• Knowledge or Training on blade compute platforms from CISCO or HP.
• Experience with enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, etc.)
• Knowledge or Training on Backup software (i.e. Avamar / CommVault).
• VMware Certified professional 5.0 or higher.
• Networking certifications at CISCO professional level.
• Strong scripting skills
• MCSE Certification.
• ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate.
• Secret (Active), clearable to TOP SECRET