full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Network Engineer in the Washington, DC area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The MCIS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
· Designs, configures, tests, implements and maintains telecommunications capabilities, including wide area and local area networks.
· Performs operations and support activities.
· Assists applications programmers working in the telecommunications environment.
· Evaluates network changes for operational impact.
· Evaluates network performance and resolves network and processor problems.
· Familiar with hardware and software diagnostic tools.
· Must possess a BA/BS degree, an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
· Must possess 10-12 years of related experience.
· DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant.
· Advanced IP/Networking experience including routers, switches, firewalls, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP), VLANs, ACLs, and multicasting.
· Advanced knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
· Knowledge and experience with satellite communications technology architectures.
· CCNA/CCNP - Skilled in Satellite Communications (SATCOM), earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems.
· Experienced in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, NIPR, SIPR) through SATCOM Gateways.
· Experience with iDirect/Linkway IP Modems.
· Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM earth terminal equipment (up/down converters, modems, high power amplifiers).
· Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM baseband equipment (EBEM, Promina, MIDAS, Convergence routers, IA Tools).
· Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-175).
· Utilization of SAA/GAAs as source documentation for network configuration.
· Familiarity with trouble ticketing systems, troubleshooting methodologies, and service desk operations.
· Must possess an active DOJ TS/SCI.