The Business Development Executive (BDE) for Secure Sensor Solutions (SSS) is responsible for developing business growth strategies and opportunities that result in robust pipeline generation and annual bookings. The SSS BDE will aggressively pursue new business opportunities; developing relationships across the industry including customers, decision makers, subcontractors and teammates with a goal of maximizing customer interest and acceptance of Raytheon solutions. This position plans and manages resources: New Business Investment (NBI), BD and Capture leaders, and must meet or exceed annual booking targets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creating and executing a long term integrated SSS strategy
- Developing business opportunities that result in year over year bookings/sales growth commensurate with the SSS market including both Government and Commercial customers
- Development and management of New Business Resources (NBR) budgets in accordance with next generation customer needs, associated technology / product roadmaps, and market demands
- Identifying, qualifying and developing capture strategies in support of SSS solutions and programs for the domestic & International markets
- Capture Team Management and Capture Plan execution - manages and directs Capture leaders in capture efforts ensuring sound, discriminating capture strategies and proposal teams and proposal efforts are appropriated resourced and managed to assure winning, timely, compliant and efficient proposals. Tracks both costs and performance to capture budget and plan
- Develops SSS growth strategy and resulting implementation efforts across the portfolio in collaboration with Platform and Product Directors such that the SSS compound annual growth rate is greater than that of its addressable market
- Customer and partner interface - primary interface with prime and government customers in coordination with Platform and Product Directors
- Opportunity identification, development and qualification of bookings pipeline
- Must successfully communicate with all levels of the organization including President, VPs, management and individual contributor levels. Must interface with external customers and prime contractors at senior levels
- Helps create customer solutions using RTN integrated products/ product suites on platforms
- Enlists the technical expertise required from the products as well as the customer-focused Platform leads in a coordinate effort to provide integrated solutions for our customers
- Responsible for managing and growing the BD Leads and Capture talent within SSS
- Must engage and work across the RTN enterprise to develop and support new business development efforts that require integrated RTN solution sets
- Must successfully communicate with all levels of the organization including the President, VPs, management and individual contributor levels and frequently interface with Corporate Business Development executives, all Raytheon field offices, all competitors and customer sets
- Develops relationships across the industry including customers, subcontractors and teammates, with the appropriate government agencies to maximize customer satisfaction
- Builds (develops, trains, nurtures, grows) and leads team capable of supporting the interface to key accounts and customers, developing strategic plans and go-to-market strategies, and capturing major pursuits
- Capitalizes on competitive intelligence and market data and clearly understands competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- Leads and supports merger and acquisition target identification, deal sheet development and deal closure activities
- Identifies and monitors legislative impact on existing and future programs
- Continuously improves BD processes’ customer satisfaction, gate, capture and proposal bookings/forecasting, NBR allocation, strategic planning, etc.
- Responsible for the planning and data needs of management
- Supports competitive intelligence proposals, customer communications and relations, corporate and business trade shows, enterprise IPT’s, and steering committees
- Supports communication and public relation strategies and actions with external audiences
- Minimum of 16 years of professional related working experience in Aerospace and Defense industry with a focus on program and/or capture management
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic pursuits and captures for the business, including significant, complex proposal management and writing experience with proven history of successful wins resulting in topline growth.
- Must have the ability interface and influence internally within SAS at all levels of the organization and in heavily matrixed environments
- Must have knowledge of RF tactical airborne technology
- Must have product knowledge resulting understanding both technical and system complexity of customer’s systems interfaces
- Must have experience engaging all levels of the organization including VP, management and individual contributor level
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must have extensive experience interfacing with external customers (USG DoD customers and prime contractors)
- Must have frequent experience interfacing with all competitors, key suppliers and customer sets
- Former supervision of a business development team with direct reports
- Active DoD Secret
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
A Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Business related degreeDesired Education:
Advanced degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or Masters of Business Administration
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.