The Vulnerability Assessment Specialist will ensure continuous vulnerability lifecycle management within the Raytheon - Space and Airborne Systems environment including monitoring, collection, reporting, and assessment of impact for vulnerability related data from all sources. This candidate must form strong partnerships with technical teams and provide strategy and prioritization to control vulnerabilities in the environment in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform as a vulnerability management SME in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft platform (Server, workstation, applications), Open Systems platforms (Linux, UNIX, VM Ware ESX), Java, Adobe, Web Application, Java web app virtualization platforms, Networking, Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, IMS), and others.
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration.
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific to Raytheon’s environment, and determine and implement mitigating controls.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions.
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need.
- Be a champion for vulnerability management and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team’s services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas.
- Providing mentorship and support to teammates with regard to vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions.
- Participate and lead new projects as needed.
- Reviewing policy exception waiver and providing recommendation to management for approval or denial.
- Assisting internal customers in DFARS compliance process.
- Coordinating in company information security awareness campaign including finding and interacting with speakers, producing posters, and communicating the events to the employees.
- Coordinating and interacting with Security Response Coordinators, field technicians, system administrators in closed areas and subsidiary’s IT representatives during investigation.
- Liaison with SAS Global Security Services regarding insider threats and code of conduct violations.
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and vulnerability management processes including compliance reporting.
- Advanced experience with vulnerability scanning tools and other vulnerability management tools (e.g., Tenable’s SecurityCenter).
- Demonstrate knowledge of IT security best practices including operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux), end-user application, and network security.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts and devices (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, etc).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams.
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Effective written, verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed.
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Minimum Education Required
- Knowledge and experience with Sarbanes Oxley controls, AS9100C, EXIM, GDPR, etc. .
- Experience with DFARS and/or Import/Export compliance efforts at an Aerospace and Defense Industry Company.
- Possesses strong knowledge of IT frameworks (example NIST, COBIT) to develop and implement governance models and processes for managing IT.
: Bachelor or equivalent experience; preferred Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field and 8 years of relevant experience
or in Lieu of a Bachelor's degree in STEM-related discipline, 16 years of relevant experience 129614
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.