What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
The Senior Manager Global Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement is responsible for the development and implementation of plans, processes, metrics and tools for the Raytheon 6 Sigma and Continuous Improvement Organization in Global Supply Chain Management. They are responsible for the selection and development of Deployable R6s Experts in a Domestic and Global Supply base to mitigate risk for programs, and support the Front End of the Business for GSCM and Raytheon, in the case of Enterprise suppliers. They are responsible for the evolution of a tool kit to assist the business and suppliers to understand their risks and capabilities. This role will also maximize consistency and implementation of best practices and provide for their Standard Work so they can be documented and deployed to other Businesses. The SMSC R6s lead will ensure that metrics and key indicators are sufficient to drive flawless execution, work closely with, and influence, business areas, functions and other RTN businesses to ensure alignment and that all documentation is in compliance with our IPDS business model. They will also provide insight and direction on internal projects and assure Facilitation for Executive events in GSCM.
Communication skills are extremely important in this role, as the individual will work with personnel all the way from touch labor to Senior Executives. Analytical ability is required to assess situations, quickly identify a path forward and execute improvements.
The ideal candidate will draw from extensive Continuous Improvement skills to lead the coordination, communication and integration improvement activity to support the achievement of supplier cost, quality and delivery enhancements. The candidate must have the business acumen to make decisions under unclear circumstances on whether or not it is advisable to invest in a supplier situation, and to assist others in creating business cases. They should be able to proactively identify and resolve problems and program concerns efficiently and effectively.
Specific tasks include:
This position requires the ability to obtain an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Skills:
- Coordinate supplier engagements across all IDS business areas.
- Validate business cases and adjudicate personnel and support for continuous improvement teams
- Conduct Supplier Engagements across a wide variety of company cultures with sophisticated R6s tools and techniques (Cost Reduction, Capacity Analysis, Systemic Business Analysis, Line Design, and Continuous Improvement Assessments)
- Representing the honest broker with the Raytheon supply base, driving action internally and externally to assist the suppliers in improving their performance.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of seasoned R6s Experts, integrating various viewpoints, seeking to create tools and standard work to assist our supply base, and monitoring their experience levels such that we have a depth of bench.
- Assist with Supplier Enterprise Engagement activity which supports all of Raytheon when situations occur that need to be addressed in an Enterprise manner.
- Support Internal Events as needed. This includes Strategy Planning, Diagnostics, and general alignment activity.
- Provide communications to internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Marketing skills and abilities to highlight team accomplishments
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain an active US Secret Security Clearance
- 12+ years relevant industry experience
- 3+ years supervisor experience
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or similar industry certification
- Bachelors’ degree with major in business, science, mathematics, operations, engineering or related major
- Raytheon Six Sigma Expert or Master Expert
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment.
- Skilled in communications, team building and conflict resolution and relationship management to create an effective partnering environment that includes credibility, respect and trust.
- Ability to lead by influence and collaboration
- Ability to execute and manage, producing quality products meeting technical, cost, and schedule goals.
- Knowledge of EVMS, Risk & Opportunity Management, IMP/IMS
- Strong ability to effectively and pro-actively interface with internal and external constituencies is imperative. Excellent written and oral communication skill, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas.
- Solid understanding of other related business disciplines, and how they interact with program management, engineering, quality, logistic and operations.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Ability to lead R6S projects
- Master’s Degree
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.