The System Validation, Test & Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) organization integrates all aspects of system validation, test, and analysis from initial system architecture, design and development, through system validation. The SVTAD Directorate has overall responsibility for the system integration and test process, test facility management and capital planning, as well as off-site system and flight test conduct, analysis and test problem resolution.
The SVTAD's Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Department (SITE) provides system engineering, integration and test expertise to the Radar and missile defense systems programs within IDS. Opportunities currently exist for Systems Engineers to support the Mission Systems and Sensors (MSS) Business Area in Huntsville, AL. MSS is an integrated business team at Raytheon’s IDS that focuses on Radar technology. MSS develops Radars, land and sea-based, with systems that are able to detect, identify and track targets and objects at greater ranges, over-the-horizon and in space with greater sensitivity.
Note: This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position. Travel is required to support program requirementsRequired Skills:
- The engineer will support the advanced Radar technology; including hardware and software, for strategic and tactical Radars used as critical components in air and missile defense and situational awareness
- Support various engineering activities that include test and systems validation, modeling and simulation, requirements analysis, data analysis, flight test analysis and overall systems integration
- Collaborate with team member of the Radar Verification and Validation (V&V) effort in the development and performance of a V&V plan which compares simulation performance against the requirements established by the customer
- Plan and perform V&V assignments which include determining method of verification, generating test plans and verification procedures, developing analysis tools in Matlab to perform the verification, and documenting results in a V&V report
- Work with general guidance provided by the task Lead on general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering to include programming in MATLAB, C/ C++, or other higher level program languages
- Experience in radar systems test environments, and in development of test scripts and procedures
- Experience in Radar test lab Environment maintenance and operation
- Experience in development of analysis using simulation systems
- Experience with some form of the Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline. Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
- Experience with Command, Control & Communication (C3 Systems)
- Experience in development, analysis or test on radar systems, signal processing, electro-optical systems or components
- Familiarity with Raytheon businesses, policies, and practices
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and IPDS
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve unexpected issues and meet challenging schedules in a research and development program environment
- Ability to convey technical issues and provide status briefings to managers and key program stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and analyze large sets of system performance data
- MS/MA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline
- Secret (or higher level) security clearance, or the ability to obtain such clearance
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.