Raytheon’s engineers develop the next generation of defense technologies that support our military and protect our nation and our allies. We are the world’s leader in developing and manufacturing leading edge missile systems and defense solutions.
Our efforts allow the customer to experiment with and develop new complex weapon systems in a simulation-driven virtual environment. We create battlefield simulations, detailed hardware and environment models, perform post flight analysis, physics based modeling, integrate flight software, run time optimization, and investigate military product value. Our department’s engineers are versatile, innovative, self-motivated and eager to learn. Click below:
The Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MSA) team within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) Directorate is looking for engineers who enjoy solving complex problems and engaging in a dynamic team environment. The Tucson, AZ, facility is searching for interns to join our team of engineering professionals in the Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center. Want to know more? We have included a definition section below the job requirements and YouTube links about our products.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
Required Education (including Major):Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Post-Graduate standing from an ABET accredited institution pursuing a degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science, Industrial Engineeing or related fields. Minimum GPA of 3.0 required. **Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.**NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, Salary Grade ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:ST02 (Sophomore Technical Intern) - Must have completed 30 credit hours of collegeST03 (Junior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 60 credit hours of collegeST04 (Senior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 90 credit hours of collegeST05 (Post- Graduate Technical Intern) - Must have an undergraduate degree and currently seeking a graduate degree (In degree fields listed in Required Education)Required Experience & Skills:
- Assist in creating medium-fidelity simulations and models using compiled and scripting languages for missile system design and performance assessment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of modeling and analysis solutions, and subsequently conduct effectiveness, survivability, and operational utility analysis for existing and concept weapon systems.
- Work on diverse projects in a team environment and implement creative approaches and solutions.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Desired Experience & Skills
- Academic or applied experience programming in a compiled language, such as C++, Java, or Fortran (C++ preferred) or experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Academic or applied using tools to analyze data sets, such as MATLAB
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Knowledge of basic physics and its application to modeling and analysis
- Experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
- Knowledge of statistics and/or experience with statistical analysis software
- Familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis
- Debugging/Analysis methodologies in optimizing application performance
- Ability to read, debug, edit and create computer programming code to develop and enhance simulation models
- Ability to work well in teams of varying disciplines and multi-task
Simulation is the discipline of designing a model of an actual or theoretical physical system, executing the model on a digital computer, and analyzing the execution output. The use of a mathematical model to recreate a situation, often repeatedly, so that the likelihood of various outcomes can be more accurately estimated
Model is a digital representation of a system over some time period or spatial extent intended to predict the physical system’s performance in the real world.
Visualization - Simplify Complicated Concepts into a concise 3 to 5 minute presentation to help clarify the intended message for the customer. Aid the War fighter by visualizing integrated systems solutions to help expedite key decision making processes.
Learn more about us and where we live:
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.