Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer responsible for the design, test, manufacturer, and support of weapon systems supporting our US warfighter and international allies. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains a set of advanced and purpose designed electrical subsystems. These enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking system functions. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems design, test and production.
ESD is seeking current students (graduate or undergraduate) with the skills and passion to engineer complex systems, subsystems and components. A successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes.
A depth of interest and understanding in one or more electrical technologies will make the candidate a possible fit in our electrical product technology group. These technologies include: optics, infrared systems, RF electronics, digital processing systems, FPGA/VHDL, analog, power, detailed circuit design and electronic product manufacturer and packaging.
A candidate with interests, studies, research or experiences which are technically broad will be a possible fit in our electrical subsystems group. These could include one or more of the following experiences: hands on laboratory work with hardware and software, subsystem integration and testing, a focus on system interactions and industrial engineering, system / subsystem modeling and analysis, investigating defects and developing root cause and corrective actions.
All Candidates will be expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. The position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Course work in one or more of the following areas: circuit design, VHDL coding, digital signal processing, power electronics, control theory, radio frequency electronics or optical design Knowledge and experience with use of lab common equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzer, etc.).
Required Education (including Major): Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Optics, Physics, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Design, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.Desired Education (including Major): ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Cumulative GPA of 3.00 is desired.This position can be Job Code ST02, Job Code ST03, Job Code ST04 or Job Code ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications as outlined below:ST02 (Sophomore Technical Intern)- must have completed 30 hours of college
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes and test equipment.
- Limited knowledge of circuit card and PWB manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Access
- Ability to navigate multiple complex processes and tools.
- Effective communication and the ability to work with and take directions from Functional Management, and Programmatic Leads from multiple programs.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Self-starter that knows when to ask questions or ask for help.
- Active electronic circuit design experience.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of electrical circuit failures.
- Mentor Graphics Expedition or Design Architect and circuit simulation/analysis tools (PSPICE, Analog Workbench).
ST03 (Junior Technical Intern)- must have completed 60 hours of college
ST04 (Senior Technical Intern)- must have completed 90 hours of college
ST05- (Post- Graduate Technical Intern) must have an undergraduate degree and currently seeking a graduate degree (In degree fields listed in Required Education)**Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume. **Clearance:This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.