Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer. RMS is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies to meet a large variety of demanding mission requirements. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains advanced electrical subsystems.These enable target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication in extreme battle-field environments. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems’ design, test, and production.
The Electronics Product Development and PrototypingDepartment, a part of ESD, is currently searching for an Engineer with interest in circuit card/printed wiring board assembly, manufacturing, and the integrated assembly of electronic components into a subsystem.
Responsibilities include supporting the Electrical Subsystems Directorate’s design community as the affordability, manufacturability, and producibility expert for all Missile Programs. Tasks include involvement in digital, analog, and RF design projects from initial bill-of-material selection through Printed Circuit Board (PCB) manufacturing, Circuit Card Assembly (CCA), and subsystem assembly including resolution on all technical and supplier related issues.Throughout the product lifecycle the Product Development Engineer (PDE) follows the Raytheon Integrated Product Development System to create an affordable, producible, and highly reliable design that meets the program’s delivery and milestones needs.
- PDEs are responsible to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) for input to the design process in areas such as materials selection, construction, layout, component selection and placement, design rule interpretation and application, and current Center of Excellence (COE) capabilities and practices.
- PDEs create development schedules/plans and ensure timely participation of relevant functions (Mechanical Engineering, ECAD, Parts Engineering, Planners, and Suppliers) in the development process.
- Periodic travel to suppliers for assessments and product readiness reviews may be required.
- PDEs facilitate the prototype development process, support the Producibility Engineering community, and participate in Gate Reviews.
- PDEs provide assistance with identifying and developing key PCB/CCA supplier partners.
- Be able to get a DoD Secret clearance.
- Have a working knowledge of IPC and MIL specifications and design guides.
- Ability to drive the component placement, component selection and material selection and have a positive effect on CCA manufacturability.
- Be capable of achieving alignment and collaboration between the various disciplines within the RMS Design community in order to achieve organizational and programmatic objectives.
- Have communication skills necessary to interface with all levels of Missile Systems management.
- Demonstrate strong project coordination and task management skills. Have the ability to plan projects, with timely engagement of related functions to ensure effective balance of risk and rigor throughout the development process.
Required Education (including Major):
- Have the ability to apply expertise and of other related engineering disciplines. Work will be performed without appreciable direction.
- Have personal experience with Team Dynamics
- Have the ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Be able to work on complex technical problems and facilitate innovative solutions.
- Be able to guide the successful completion of major activities and functions in a project leadership role.
- Additional background in supply chain management, sales, and program management would be beneficial.
Security Requirement:This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in Program Management, Business Administration/Management, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mathematics or other related disciplines. Equivalent experience may also be used as an alternative to related disciplines listed above.ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Cumulative GPA of 3.00 is desired.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.