Raytheon’s engineers develop the next generation of defense technologies that support our military and protect our nation and our allies. We are the world’s leader in developing and manufacturing leading edge missile systems and defense solutions. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy solving complex problems and engaging in a dynamic team environment.
The efforts of the Modeling and Simulation Engineers of Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) allow the customer to experiment with and develop new complex weapon systems in a simulation-driven virtual environment. We create battlefield simulations, detailed hardware and environment models, perform post flight analysis, physics based modeling, integrate flight software, run time optimization, and investigate military product value. Our department’s engineers are versatile, innovative, self-motivated and eager to learn.
Our Tucson, AZ, location has several openings available for Modeling and Simulation Engineers to join our team of engineering professionals, specifically for developing and implementing simulation solutions in support of the development of complex systems throughout the development life cycle. Learn more and apply today!
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
Please note: We are not seeking engineers with an AutoCAD or 3-D modeling background or network modeling from an IT perspective.Required Education & Skills
- The Simulation Engineer will work within a multi-discipline team (e.g. Guidance, Navigation, and Control, signal processing, mechanical design) to design and develop differing levels of fidelity simulation models which represent the components of a system. This includes the ability to read, debug, edit and create computer programming code to enhance simulation models, creating and executing unit tests on the models to verify functionality, documenting the design and test results, and integrating with other component models in a complex system simulation environment.
- The Simulation Engineer will execute simulations in a high-performance computing environment, which can include the use of Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), to support missile system design/trade studies, performance assessment, and system test. The Simulation Engineer will work within a team to develop analysis of the data for the specific task as well as provide insight and understanding of the system performance, recognizing and troubleshooting any anomalies observed in the simulation results
- The Simulation Engineer will ensure the solutions provided meet their defined requirements and function as needed through rigorous verification and validation. This activity utilizes data from a number of sources up to and including system level flight testing.
**Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, other Engineering disciplines, Physics, Math, or related field from an ABET accredited curriculum with a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Experience in the use of a compiled programming language, ex. C, C++
- Experience in the use of a scripting language, ex. Shell, Perl, Python
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Desired Experience & Skills:
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
- Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance.
- Proficiency in Linux or Unix
- Knowledge/course work of radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, control theories, estimation theory and/or electro optics
- Knowledge of physics, random variables, and its application to solving engineering problems
- Ability to maintain frequent communication with project leads and customers
Learn more about us and where we live:
Check us out on YouTube:
Simulation is the discipline of designing a model of an actual or theoretical physical system, executing the model on a digital computer, and analyzing the execution output. The use of a mathematical model to recreate a situation, often repeatedly, so that the likelihood of various outcomes can be more accurately estimated.
Model is a digital representation of a system over some time period or spatial extent intended to predict the physical system’s performance in the real world.
Visualization - Simplify Complicated Concepts into a concise 3 to 5 minute presentation to help clarify the intended message for the customer. Aid the War fighter by visualizing integrated systems solutions to help expedite key decision making processe
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.