The System Validation, Test & Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) organization integrates all aspects of system validation, test, and analysis from initial system architecture, design and development, through system validation. The SVTAD Directorate has overall responsibility for the system integration and test process, test facility management and capital planning, as well as off-site system and flight test conduct, analysis and test problem resolution.
The SVTAD's Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Department (SITE) provides system engineering, integration and test expertise to the Radar and missile defense systems programs within IDS. Opportunities currently exist for Systems Engineers to support the Mission Systems and Sensors (MSS) Business Area in Huntsville, AL. MSS is an integrated business team at Raytheon’s IDS that focuses on Radar technology. MSS develops Radars, land and sea-based, with systems that are able to detect, identify and track targets and objects at greater ranges, over-the-horizon and in space with greater sensitivity.
- The engineer will support the advanced Radar technology; including hardware and software, for strategic and tactical Radars used as critical components in air and missile defense and situational awareness
- Support various engineering activities that include test and systems validation, modeling and simulation, requirements analysis, data analysis, flight test analysis and overall systems integration
- Collaborate with team member of the Radar Verification and Validation (V&V) effort in the development and performance of a V&V plan which compares simulation performance against the requirements established by the customer
- Plan and perform V&V assignments which include determining method of verification, generating test plans and verification procedures, developing analysis tools in Matlab to perform the verification, and documenting results in a V&V report
- Work with general guidance provided by the task Lead on general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements
- Travel as required to support program requirements
- 10+ years of experience in an engineering to include programming in UNIX or other higher level program languages
- Experience in a systems test environments, especially in system integration and testing
- Experience in verification and validation on system integration and testing based on test plans and test procedures
- Experience in Radar test lab Environment maintenance and operation
- Experience in development of test plans, reports, and proposals
- Experience with some form of the Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
- Experience as a manager or in a leadership capacity
- Required: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a secret security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or other discipline.
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience with Command, Control & Communication (C3 Systems)
- Experience in development, analysis or test on radar systems, signal processing, electro-optical systems or components
- Testing in an AGILE environmet
- Familiarity with Raytheon businesses, policies, and practices
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and IPDS
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve unexpected issues and meet challenging schedules in a research and development program environment
- Ability to convey technical issues and provide status briefings to managers and key program stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.