Are you a results-oriented air vehicle flight control design engineer with proven record of taking vehicles from design to flight?
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!
We are Raytheon Missile Systems, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are seeking an experienced senior GNC engineering professional with expertise in advanced flight control design, integration, and performance analysis to develop systems for air vehicle applications.
This is a senior technical expert position within the Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Center performing flight control system design and analysis, integration support, and system performance assessment. The Senior Flight Controls Engineer will apply knowledge of advanced control techniques, air vehicle dynamics and flight control, inertial sensors, and analysis of missile performance - both in simulation and flight test. The engineer will develop solutions to complex problems that require application of advanced technical principles. The role often requires acting independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with development and implementation of flight control system designs. The Flight Controls Engineer will guide the successful completion of major program efforts and support technical leadership. The individual will represent the organization as an expert within the field of flight controls, while interacting with senior leadership to plan and execute programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Development of flight control system architectures and requirements
- Implementation of advanced control laws to maximize performance
- Development of missile state estimation algorithms
- Derivation and implementation of advanced algorithms and filters to compensate for flexible body and aeroservoelastic effects
- Coding of algorithms in higher order computer languages
- Analysis of air vehicle performance both in simulation and flight test
- B.S. Degree in one of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Strong academic and analytical background with course work and independent research that includes a combination of digital and modern control systems and flight dynamics
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in missile flight control design and analysis, including architecture design, requirements development, and performance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to take an air vehicle from concept design to flight
- Eight (8) years of experience developing or modifying code in higher level languages like Fortran, Ada, C++, and MATLAB.
- Familiarity with embedded software development and hardware/software integration
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
Check us out on YouTube:
- MS or higher in aforementioned disciplines
- Research and/or applied experience in advanced control design techniques
- Experience with system identification techniques applied to flexible body dynamics, and application of structural filters to minimize impact to control systems
- Experience assessing GNC system integration risks through test data analysis
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flowdown, specification derivation and interface control documentation
- Experience developing and using control system design optimization tools
- Performance analysis by simulation including verification and validation techniques
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Experience leading a GNC focused development team
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.