The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD) is searching for an engineer with experience in Harness and Interconnect design to work in Tucson, Az. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the entire product life cycle including proposal, design, prototyping, manufacturing, integration and test of various types of harness and interconnects (round wire and/or flex circuits) for multiple missile and/or other aerospace/defense related programs.
The candidate should have an understanding of the aerospace industry, and have a complete understanding of and ability to apply technical theories in the mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering fields to develop harness and interconnect solutions. On new programs, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and deriving system requirements, be responsible for the definition of mechanical outline and construction details, connector selection and specification, mechanical and assembly drawings, oversee electrical layout, perform first order electrical analysis, and ownership of final technical data package. Proposal efforts will be responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for finished product. The candidate’s contributions are expected to be significant towards the completion of entire projects with limited supervision. The position will require interaction with senior personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordination between functional organizations and physical locations.
Required Experience and Skills:
· A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the design and manufacturing of flex, rigid flex and round wire harnesses for military and aerospace applications
· Must have a sound understanding of the design and manufacturing processes of harnesses and interconnects
· Must possess a thorough knowledge of industry specifications such as IPC/WHMA-A-620, SAE AS22759, J-STD-001, Mil-PRF-31032, IPC-6013, IPC-2221, and IPC-2223
· Must be able to provide guidance/training to other employees within job area, while also working with mentor(s) to grow knowledge and cross-department network
· Must be able to take ownership of assignments and lead projects to completion
· Must be able to manage projects, particularly with respect to scheduling and prioritization
· Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
· U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience and Skills:
· Six (6) or more years of experience in the design and manufacturing of flex, rigid flex and round wire harnesses for military and aerospace applications
· Working knowledge of RMS processes and procedures
· Familiarity with the Creo Parametric modeling tool and drawing standards
· Ability to work with, and previous experience working with harness and interconnect manufacturers to support program needs and travel periodically to manufacturing facilities
· Strong technical background with high technical aptitude
· Strong leadership and project management skills
· Very strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills when working with team members and customers
· Self-starter, ability to work independently
Required Education (Including Major):
BS Mechanical, Systems, or Electrical Engineering
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.