Are you a results-oriented air vehicle flight control design engineer?
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!
We are Raytheon Missile Systems, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are seeking experienced GNC engineering professionals with expertise in flight control design, integration, and performance analysis to develop systems for air vehicle applications.
This is a mid-level technical expert position within the Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Center performing flight control system design and analysis, integration support, and system performance assessment. The Flight Controls Engineer will apply knowledge of advanced control techniques, air vehicle dynamics and flight control, inertial sensors, and analysis of missile performance - both in simulation and flight test. The engineer will develop solutions to complex problems that require application of advanced technical principles.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Required Education (including Major): B.S. degree in one of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.Required Skills and Experience:
- Development of flight control system architectures and requirements
- Implementation of advanced control laws to maximize performance
- Coding of algorithms in higher order computer languages
- Analysis of air vehicle performance both in simulation and flight test
- Strong academic and analytical background with course work and independent research that includes a combination of digital and modern control systems and flight dynamics
- Six (6) years of professional experience in air vehicle flight control design and analysis (or two years of experience with MS or academic experience with Ph.D.)
- Six (6) years of experience developing or modifying code in higher level languages like Fortran, Ada, C++, and MATLAB.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
Check us out on YouTube:
- MS or higher in aforementioned disciplines
- Research and/or applied experience in advanced control design techniques applied to missile systems
- Demonstrated experience bringing missiles from concept design to flight
- Experience with system identification techniques applied to flexible body dynamics, and application of structural filters to minimize impact to control systems
- Experience assessing GNC system integration risks through test data analysis
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flowdown, specification derivation and interface control documentation
- Performance analysis by simulation including verification and validation techniques
- Familiarity with embedded software development and hardware/software integration
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.