The Conventional Prompt Strike (CPS) Program Manager will report to the Director of High Speed Weapons. CPS is a competitive technical development program. The PM develops goals, strategy, and vision for the ongoing pursuit and execution of CPS contracts with the Army and Navy; supports and/or leads proposal activities; plans for integration with core product lines; develops new offerings to meet the full spectrum mission and support needs of the customer community; responsible for cost and schedule performance once contract is awarded. CPS is a strategic program within the Hypersonic/High Speed weapon portfolio and will be briefed frequently at senior levels of leadership. The PM will be accountable to the Program Director for overall success of the program, security requirements, company and customer success, on-time delivery, and for identifying and assisting in the development of new programmatic opportunities within the customer community. The PM will develop and maintain collaborative and responsive internal relationships with peers across the AMS product line, BD, RII, and corresponding functional leads for the product line, such as Supply Chain and Finance.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and grow working relationships with the customers and related industry partners
- Support and/or lead proposal activities to capture CPS with the Army and Navy
- Establish and grow a team to aggressively develop the CPS technology to position RMS to win CPS and transition to a program of record
- Stay abreast of technical and programmatic progress and issues affecting program
- Understand and represent customer needs to senior management, and be an advocate to internal and external customers
- Responsible for overall program execution for CPS, including cost, quality and schedule performance
- Responsible for articulating to senior product line and company leadership the ongoing status on cost and schedule performance, R&Os and strategies for program execution
- Perform technical assessments and support other technology development teams as needed
- Minimum 12+ years Industry or Government experience
- Demonstrated success focusing on the needs of customers and delivering on those needs
- Demonstrated experience articulating customer positions, status, and strategies to senior management
- Substantial proposal development experience with DoD customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Active Secret Clearance
- Strong technical background
- Level 4 PM Certification
Required Education (including Major):
- Strong technical background in aeromechanical and thermal engineering
- Prior experience engaging with very senior technical leadership in the US government such as DARPA
- Experience transitioning development programs into programs of record
- Prior experience managing competitive captures/programs
- Prior experience managing programs with high technical risk and high visibility
- Working knowledge of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) System including acquisition processes and streamlining opportunities
- Proven ability to develop and maintain long term business relationships with customers and partners
- Demonstrated success working in a teaming environment with customers and internal partners
- Capture certification
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or closely related field. Prefer advanced degree in either business or technical field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.