This job opportunity is for an Information Assurance Cyber Internship position at the Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business. This position's primary responsibility is to test and develop technical solutions under the supervisor of System Architects/Engineers in the application and/or development of advanced technical security technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts as they relate to classified information systems (CIS). In addition to the primary duty, the Information Assurance Cyber Intern is also responsible for (a) assist SAS IA programs with Information Security Architect (ISA) and Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) support, (b) Shadowing a team of technology based Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the discovery, application and documentation of new technical security standards effecting IA operations, and (c) Shadowing ISSO support to SAS classified efforts: implements IS requirements, certification and accreditation, system audits, internal/external inspections, coordinates corrective actions, system change management, incident response, prepares reports and provides technical expertise in support of the effort. The position may involve working on projects to improve overall security processes, some of which will cross the organizations core capabilities, as well as involve other functions or sites within Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems.
• US Citizenship is required.
• Strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades and/or hands on experience
• Strong organizational, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks and challenges
• Ability to adapt to and excel in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to work extended hours, when required
• Working understanding of the requirements of the NISPOM and ICDs
• Process improvement (6Sigma) knowledge
• Willingness to ask questions and the ability to quickly learn necessary skills
• Current DoD security clearance
The selected candidate will have an active student status pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited institution, in one of the following disciplines: Security Management, Information Systems Security, Criminal Justice or a related field, with a minimum GPA of 3.0; Senior Standing in Fall 2018 - must have completed 90 hours of college.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.