Job Title: Developer in Test Engineer, G08
Req ID: 129698BR
Summary of Role:
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Centre based in Greater Manchester. We have a number of vacancies in our rapidly growing Engineering Team. We develop software using an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle in a cross functional team. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team from a diverse and interesting range of backgrounds, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
We are looking for individuals who;
Main duties of the position:Basic Objective: Create automation tests, perform manual testing and have the ability to write testable, well structured, maintainable code which is appropriately covered by unit and automation tests. Support the wider department in achieving a quality culture where cross functional teams collaborate to deliver excellent products that delight our customers.Key Responsibilities:
- are from a testing and QA background who have then developed a strong set of coding skills; for example by way of writing automated tests, from working in a DevOPs environment or simply having a desire to code.
- are developers who have fully embraced the quality culture, are staunch advocates of TDD and BDD practices and have developed a well-rounded, rigorous, hands on approach to testing.
- Support the development of a high performing team with a focus on software excellence and a quality focus
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software development team
- Write clear, concise code that is testable and follows engineering best practice
- Coach and mentor colleagues on all aspects of QA best practice in an agile delivery team
- Define test environment and tool requirements
- Contribute to agile ceremonies
- Contribute to sizing and estimating of user stories and tasks, challenging for good quality requirements
- Create unit and automated tests
- Contribute to and deliver product and feature reviews as required in an agile organisation
- Understanding of the Software Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant test methodologies and toolsets
- Competent in at least 1 compiled or 1 scripted language
- Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
- Contribute to writing acceptance tests in stories, strong ability to identify gaps in the test coverage
- Understanding of TDD, BDD and SOLID principles
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model, or, a good awareness of the agile culture, its benefits and a desire to work in an organisation that promotes the agile mind-set.
- Staunch advocate of Red, Green, Refactor.
- Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, nUnit, jUnit, etc
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux / Windows.
- Experience of virtualization (e.g. VMWare / Hyper-V)
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience of infrastructure as code
- Experience of AWS or Azure
- Linux system administration
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites with free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available at others
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities led to the establishment of our Cyber Innovation Centre in Gloucestershire, which has grown rapidly since opening in late 2014. This has created a broad spectrum of roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.