General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
District of Columbia
The Desktop Tier 1/ Tier 2 support position requires an experienced detailed oriented Desktop Technician to support various applications and hardware configurations. The successful candidate will communicate with end users at various levels to troubleshoot technical issues. Possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7 environment. Applicant must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Suites, and Symantec Encryption. Experience with Service Now ticketing system is a plus but not mandatory. Must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment! The candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also a must.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.