SAIC has an opening for a Sr. VoIP Engineer/CISCO SME located in Vienna, VA.
Will consider candidates located in Oak Ridge, TN and Metairie, LA.
• Seeking a senior network engineer with experience in managing a Cisco VoIP telephony system to include configuration, installation and on-going support.
• The scope of this position includes network design, equipment selection, implementation, and support for all components of the voice systems including the full suite of Cisco Unified Communications technologies.
• Conducts testing of network systems.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
• Bachelors and 12+ years experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• The ideal candidate for this position must possess extensive hands on technical skills designing and deploying Cisco VoIP solutions.
• Additionally, this candidate should have strong project management and leadership skills to ensure all installation, implementation, and configuration details are identified, captured, and planned for to guarantee a seamless and successful implementation.
• Ideally, the candidate should also have in-depth knowledge of Cisco switches and routers, including hardware and IOS software, configuration and troubleshooting.
Ideally, the candidate should have hands on experience with the following:
Ability to obtain a Public Trust