General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
4. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
5. Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Secret Clearance.
6. In support of the requirement, the employee must have and maintain the CompTIA Security+ CE Certification. The CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. Also acceptable are alternative certifications.
7. Additional specific certifications may be required.
8. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. #BICES and #CJPOST
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.