The BD Subject Matter Expert I has specialized skills within an area of expertise or in a job function such as Program Management, Operations, Logistics, Information Technology, Business Development, Aviation or Land Systems Operations or Maintenance, Training, or Security. Responsible for assigned business development and proposal activities working to produce positive outcomes for the firm. Utilization of their expertise to develop, revise or tailor technical and management approaches in response to customer solicitation requirements.
Typically, this position will focus on supporting the development of and winning small to medium sized proposals with value of less than $100 million.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Conceptualizes, researches, gathers data and drafts the technical approach incorporating the company’s best practices and approaches.
- Develops staffing structures/management plans/technical approaches, and advises the recruitment of proposed personnel.
- Works with Program Director and Senior Technical Advisors and participates in field missions, conferences and outreach events to gather information for new proposals.
- Participates in capture effort(s) through advance reconnaissance/ field missions; collecting business intelligence, and innovative technical approaches.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of budgets to execute in each program pursuit.
- Develops winning strategies, themes and discriminators.
- Participates in establishing teaming arrangements.
- Leads or participates in Black Hat and Blue Team Strategy sessions, Pink, Red and Gold reviews.
- Prepares written text and coordinates layout and organization of narrative and graphics incorporated into business proposals, manuals and other documents according to prepared outlines and specifications.
- Researches available technical data including product information, operational concepts, technical approaches, drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications in support of proposal development.
- Researches, develops and writes technical content for technical and management documents as required for proposals and contracts.
- Position will be assigned to specific targeted business area/customer relationship and may require additional or specific job duties related to assigned function which are not aforementioned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills illustrated through the preparation and presentation of proposals, narrative reports, briefing papers, and other official documents, with an ability to communicate and represent the company’s mission, core values and ethos to key partners and stakeholders from all walks of life.
- Subject matter expertise within their job function of the methodologies, tools and best practices within certain areas of technical services performed or contemplated by the company.
- Proven ability to design technical assistance projects, to conceive overall capture plans, and to write major portions of proposals.
- Ability to interpret RFPs and RFTOPs, as well as FAR regulations, to ensure compliance in proposal submissions to client(s).
- Excellent organization skills and able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of government customer not limited to DoD, DoS, DoJ, USAID, regulations, cultures and systems of foreign governments in regions of interest.
- Knowledge of federal contract costs and pricing principles.
- Ability to communicate clearly with people with a variety of backgrounds and skill sets.
- Advanced computer skills with Primavera and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Project, Excel, Word, SharePoint and Access.
- Relevant language skills are highly desired.
- Strong technical expertise which supports the business area pursuits relevant to the company’s strategic plans.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years’ experience in business development or related discipline can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Eight (8) years’ experience providing technical advisor expertise for small to medium sized proposals or projects within areas of technical services.
- May require ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. Additional clearances may also be required from the DoD, DoE and other agencies of the federal government.
- Relevant contract operations experience.
- Formal Capture / Proposal Training.
- Prior US Military service or working in other federal agencies such as DoD, DHS, DoS, DoE, FAA, MDA, NASA, TSA, Intelligence Community and international organizations.
- Technical expertise which supports the business areas pursuits relevant to the company’s strategic plans
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work is in normal office environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours, often with short notice, to meet deadlines. Extended hours may include late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with attention to detail.
About DynCorp International
International is a leading global services provider offering unique,
tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on over seven decades of experience
as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI
provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and
operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is
headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs Inside
DI or DI at Work or follow DynCorp
International on Twitter.