Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is for a RF Test Support Engineer to support the production factory for our Airborne Early Warning System (AEWS) and GNS (GPS and Navigation Systems) production programs. There is an immediate need for a full time, engineer who can ramp up quickly. The person must be interested working at least a year, but ideally long term (multi-year) in a production manufacturing area (El Segundo north or south campus). A senior engineer will oversee training in testing and troubleshooting. Advancement potential exists to grow into the lead RF Engineer.
These activities include:
- Partnering with the Operations Manager, interface with IT/PMs/IPTLs/CEs and customers to support production programs
- Perform as the lead engineering for RF testing and troubleshooting, supervising and mentoring junior engineers and develop test technicians in support of production efforts
- Support Lead engineer in tracking and improving the test engineering process efficiency over time.
- Support the STE design team to architect, procure, and implement new test stations, and the associated software, for future needs.
- Support technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Support technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and field test requirements verification
- Support customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
- Support RCCA (Root Cause analysis and Corrective Action)
- Writing ETPs and ATPs (Engineering and Acceptance Test Procedures)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in systems engineering and/or hardware development in the following areas
- Understanding of RF receive chain measurement techniques (Gain, NF, IP3, 1 dB compression, spurious signals)
- Capable of using RF instrumentation (vector network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, noise figure meter, oscilloscope)
- Capable of performing RF test setup design, documentation, configuration control, and software version control
- Occasional travel to support troubleshooting at customer and supplier sites
- Teaming with technicians, quality engineers, operations personnel, and hardware/systems engineers
- Good judgment and decision making abilities
- Active U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. DOD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Able to prioritize among multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- RF troubleshooting, fault identification, improvising test setups
- RF Test Station Automation using LabVIEW for instrument control and Excel Visual Basic macros for test report generation
- Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
- Fiber optic connector cleaning; experience working with optical fiber communication systems
- Experience using VM (Visiprise Manufacturing) system or other shop floor control systems
- Experience using Subversion or similar software version control repository
- Familiarity with Matlab or other data analysis tools
B.S. in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline; advanced degree(s) preferredDesired Education:
Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.