Role: Systems Engineer
Req ID: 129607BR
Summary of Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer working within the Raytheon Air Traffic Management Business area. The role will provide support to the System Design Authority by supporting the hardware development team, by writing & testing technical requirements, taking part in technical design reviews and supporting the generation of proposal material and submission of bids in response to customer requests.
• Ability to write technical requirement documents
• Understanding of the Systems Engineering life cycle.
• An able communicator in verbal, written and presentational forms.
• A logical problem solver who can operate effectively under stretching project constraints.
• Able to manage and work within agreed timescales.
• Able to use initiative to improve team process and performance.
• Self-motivated and Team Player with a willingness to learn
• IT Literate
• Degree or equivalent in systems engineering, avionic engineering, physics or similar engineering or scientific discipline
• Requirements management
• Knowledge of CAD package or other drawing tools
• Familiar with radar simulation tools
• Ability to understand / investigate and resolve customer problems.
• Familiar with six sigma principles
• Knowledge of MSSR interrogators is an advantage
• Knowledge of configuration systems would be an advantage
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website
and search for Req ID:129607BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video:129607