Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Cyber Engineer I to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract (NISSC) and other AF Space related programs. NISSC supports the accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States. NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide
The Sr. Cyber Engineer is responsible for executing Information Assurance/Program Protection program requirements in support of the NISSC program as stipulated by various USG requirements documents including (but not limited to): NISPOM, and associated NIST documents.
- Certification and Accreditation IAW DoD DIACAP and RMF directions
- Documenting and maintaining Information Assurance documentation and various security authorization package artifacts/bodies of evidence (SSPs, testing, etc.)
- Preparing security authorization packages for final submittal/processing (via eMASS or other authorized method) in accordance with established procedures and timelines
- Information Assurance sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, authentication schemes, auditing, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.)
- Information System Self Inspection, Auditing, Vulnerability Management and Continuous Monitoring
- Interfacing with External Customers
- Performing IA Training and Awareness
- Perform Information Assurance Initial and Refresher training for assigned personnel
- Support with administration/management of Physical Security, INFOSEC, OPSEC and EMSEC Programs
- Incident response, investigation, and resolution
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to creatively find solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.Desired Skills:
- Requires a current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 IAT II certification is required for this position. Please be prepared to provide proof of current certification (Security+ CE or other DoD recognized higher level certification) at the time of submission.
- 4+ years of experience in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering
- Prior ISSO/ISSM or alternate ISSO/ISSM experience
- Experience developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and supporting DIACAP or RMF package documentation (past RMF experience highly desired)
- Experience with eMASS and/or XACTA
- Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems in both stand alone and LAN/WAN configurations
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, Unix, and Linux)
- Proven ability to make sound decisions and implement all aspects of information systems security as it applies to NISPOM Chapter 8, NIST SPs, and other government doctrine.
- Willingness to perform security tasks outside specialty (e.g. program security) and be proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations. Comfortable with public speaking.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required up to 10% of work schedule
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study and 4 years of related experience ; OR Associate’s Degree in related field and 6 additional years of related experience. Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Working knowledge of Wide-Area and Local Area Networks (WAN/LAN), to include Cisco-based routers, switches, and firewalls
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated
- In-depth knowledge of NIST special publications, CNSS policies and instructions
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.