Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems - Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Electronic Warfare (EW) Electronic Support (ES) Systems Department has immediate opportunities for Systems Engineers in Goleta or Pt. Mugu, CA. We seek individuals committed and passionate about learning innovative and cost-effective EW solutions to support Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) capability development.
We innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. We march towards a simple vision – one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, choose Raytheon if you are looking for an employer that values your career interests as much as your personal values.
EWS at Raytheon – Products line; News; Videos:
Become a part of a growing department with 100+ engineers supporting two mission areas across five national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation. We know you can choose any company to work for. Explore all options then choose us. We do work that matters. We offer endless global career development and growth opportunities. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages. We employ some really cool, fun and innovative people. We work every day to foster an inclusive workplace that embraces all our differences—like race, gender, physical ability orsexual orientation—as opportunities to expand global growth, build competitive advantage and drive enterprise collaboration. Live & Work in Goleta, CA; HQ for Electronic Warfare Systems / EP
- Take a customer’s desires/requirements and develop top level system architecture and requirements
- Conduct trade studies to compare and evaluate potential design solutions for optimized system performance
- Derive test plans, procedures and configurations for exercising the Unit Under Test in both lab and field environments
- Interact with technical leadership and multi-disciplined teams in the design and development of RF modules and subsystems
- Learn about EW Subsystems and their application for situational awareness and countermeasures
- Execute test activities both in-house and off-site for demonstration and/or subsystem sell-off
- Work seamlessly across a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of related engineering experience
- Experience in applying engineering concepts for problem solving using critical thinking skills
- Experience/Knowledge with general laboratory test setup and Special Test Equipment (Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.)
- Experience preparing and presenting reports and briefings
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and engineering principles
- Occasional business travel is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance; must be able to access U.S. only data systems.
- Familiarity with EW/Radar systems integration, verification and validation.
- Familiarity with requirements verification and tracking tools such as DOORS
- Experience troubleshooting, testing and integrating test equipment
- RF experience and knowledge of microwave modules
- Familiarity and interest in model based approaches to system design, including MATLAB and/or C++ experience
- Experience leading STE development (and prime hardware) test activities
- Experience with security requirements related to government testing.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
Desired Education: Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Key Words: Systems Engineering, Electronic Warfare, RF Engineering, Integration and Test, Requirements, DOORS
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.