General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Serves as a top level technical or functional expert, often working on multiple projects and programs.
The focus of this position will be coaching the scrum teams. The customer has adopted the Lean Agile methodology and currently in the transition phase. There is a need for a certified agile coach or a SME Scrum Master (SM) to work with the leadership team to help guide the organization through the Agile adoption period to ensure proper changes are made in order for the framework to effectively and efficiently supporting the organization business. The candidate will be participating in certain leadership discussions and expecting to provide coaching tips to the management and technical teams when necessary with regards to the Agile process and implementation.
The Coach is responsible for providing coaching and leadership to a cross functional team of professionals to develop system requirements, create detail system designs, conduct prototyping/proof of concept, develop implementation plan, support system integration, perform unit testing technology solutions, and generate periodic program reports focused on technical and schedule status.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an outstanding hands-on experience and thorough understanding of project management life cycle and agile framework. The successful candidate will be expected to know how to both craft and drive good requirements and specifications documentation. The successful candidate must demonstrated outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team and at times in a highly autonomous manner, mentoring others as needed.
Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with developing and managing resource loaded project schedules using MS project.
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
5. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
6. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
7. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
8. May have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
15-20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Masters Degree in a related discipline.