Position: 875 - Software Developer
Type: Full Time
Location: Chesapeake, VA
FTI is seeking a Software Developer to support a project in Chesapeake, VA. Work location also can be at FTI sites including but not limited to Huntsville, AL, Dayton, OH and Crystal City, VA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work in a dynamic, Agile environment in support of a Government customer located in Washington, D.C.
This position requires a developer to work hand-in-hand with managers, analysts, other developers, and senior technical personnel. The candidate will work with both the development team and its customer to coordinate the on-time development and delivery of analytic software solutions. The candidate should have working knowledge of technology such as Amazon Web Services, DEVOPS, Test defined development, Virtualized environments, web services, and access control capabilities. Familiarization with Scrum Methodology toolsets, such as JIRA, Confluence, and/or TFS is desired. Past experience working on Naval Maintenance, Configuration Management and/or Logistics software systems is strongly preferred.
The Software Developer relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required and expected. Other responsibilities include requirements refinement, code testing and validation, procedural documentation, and product design presentation.
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- Current DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire is required.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in software programming, preferably in a government/contractor setting
- Understanding of the structure and functionality of GOTS applications strongly preferred
- Programming with C++, C# or VB.NET required
- Experience with application performance and web server optimization
- Ability to work with cross functional team (i.e. project manager, logisticians, engineers, program analysts)
- Ability to work independently with a geographically dispersed team
- Experience with using Visual Studio and implementing change management and release processes preferred
- Experience with web application development (ASP.Net, HTML, JAVA) and web server experience (IIS, Drupal, etc.) preferred
- Agile Scrum knowledge strongly preferred, including use of toolsets such as Jira, Confluence, TFS, Redmine, etc.
- Work under general supervision according to company policies and project specification
- Work with a geographically dispersed team to achieve program development goals and objectives
- Analyze and review existing system and program logic to become familiar with the existing product features and coding standards
- Design, develop, test and debug new features or enhancements to existing software
- Develop prototypes and mock-ups for presentation and feedback
- Document all work through code comments, programmer's manuals, user guides, and/or regular status reports
- Identify and report software problems
- Employ best industry practices, for coding, testing, and documentation
- Exhibit strong knowledge of Web-related technologies and techniques
- Work on projects including web-based applications, website enhancements, desktop applications, database-backed websites and web layout enhancements
- Participate in processes concerning the architecture of new applications to meet client needs
- Specific knowledge of system integration and application interface design issues is required
- Specific knowledge of industry and company database development standards and data quality assurance practices is required
- Understanding of database analytical tools, network architecture and protocols, security risks and security policies is required
- Knowledge of large hierarchical and relational database techniques and methodologies is required
- Understanding of data management in respect to availability, integrity and security is required
- Experience working with software version control tools such as ClearCase or Git
- U.S. citizenship with current Secret government security clearance.
?FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D