Position: 873 - Business Systems Analyst
Type: Full Time
Location: Chesapeake, VA
FTI is seeking a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to support a project in Chesapeake, VA. Work location also can be at FTI sites including but not limited to Huntsville, AL, Dayton, OH and Crystal City, VA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work in a dynamic, Agile environment in support of a Government customer located in Washington, D.C.
This position requires an analyst to work hand-in-hand with managers, developers, senior technical personnel, and customer user groups. The candidate will work with the customer to identify and refine software requirements to improve and enhance existing systems, or to develop new systems. The candidate should have working knowledge of data visualizations, graphing, UX/UI, storyboarding, process flows, requirements documentation, and business process analysis. Familiarization with Scrum Methodology toolsets, such as JIRA, Confluence, and/or TFS is desired. Past experience working on Naval Maintenance, Configuration Management and/or Logistics software systems is strongly preferred.
The BSA relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required and expected. Other responsibilities include requirements refinement, code testing and validation, procedural documentation, analysis documentation (e.g. Business Case Analyses, Analyses of Alternatives) and product design presentation.
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution of higher education, preferably in STEM
- Professional certifications such as CSM, PMP, Security +CE, ITIL a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2 years of experience with a Master’s degree.
- Requires ability to analyze complex business problems, perform root-cause analysis, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Professional products required
- JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, and SharePoint experience strongly preferred.
- Work under the supervision of a Project Manager according to company policies and project specifications.
- Gather and define requirements, document high level and detail level designs, document test process steps and execution of those steps and document plans that are used by all team members from inception to conclusion.
- Analyze and review existing systems and program logic to become familiar with the existing product features.
- Analyze user needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements. Analyze the problem and the information to be processed. Define the problem, and develop system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
- Develop storyboards and processes flow for feedback.
- Document manuals, user guides, and/or regular status reports.
- Participate in development processes concerning new applications to meet client needs. Participation in development processes concerning maintenance of existing systems.
- Provide strategic advice for business processes and solutions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives.
- Understand and apply the system development methodology.
- Communicate status, business impacts, and system and scope changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties.
- Coordinate issue tracking and resolution.
- Manage testing activities for project and maintenance assignments.
- Provide guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios if/as requested.
- Prepare and review test plans; identify testing risks and contribute to the overall management of project and risk and mitigation plans; coordinate, manage and participate in complex testing efforts if/as requested.
- Provide general customer and IT support for assigned applications.
- Work with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution.
- Gather, compile, interpret and summarize systems and business process changes; maintain system support tables.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with team members and clients.
- Thorough approach to tasks, with strong attention to details and problem solving. Able to understand work problems and procedures and ensure accuracy of work and careful documentation. •
- Demonstrated analytical skills, critical thinking and ability to prepare concept papers, briefs and official documents using MS Office suite applications.
- Ability to speak and present comfortably in large group settings.
- Familiar with emerging technology and UX/UI approaches
- Good working knowledge of business systems lifecycle and functional user needs
- Able to produce use cases, high level and detailed requirements and requirements traceability documents.
- U.S. citizenship with current Secret government security clearance.
FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D