Position: 874 - Project Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Chesapeake, VA
FTI is seeking a Project Manager to support a project in Chesapeake, VA. Work location also can be at FTI sites including but not limited to Huntsville, AL, Dayton, OH and Crystal City, VA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can lead a team executing project initiatives in dynamic, Agile environment that supports a Government customer located in Washington, D.C.
The Project Manager leads the technical delivery of key program initiatives, ensuring that project requirements, milestones, dependencies and risks are clearly communicated to all stakeholders. The Project Manager may facilitate meetings with the customer, stakeholder groups and Development Team resources to communicate project scope and approach and solicit input for planning and development packages. The Project Manager also coordinates between technical and functional specialists as well as subject matter experts to ensure the proposed solution is technically feasible and aligned with enterprise architecture, security and data strategies. Familiarization with Scrum Methodology toolsets, such as JIRA, Confluence, and/or TFS is a must. Past experience working on Naval Maintenance, Configuration Management and/or Logistics software systems is strongly preferred. • Ability to monitor the project’s actual performance against the plan and escalate impediments to the Project Manager is a must.
The Project Manager relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working under general supervision of the Program Manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required and expected. Collaborative skills are necessary to ensure success.
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution of higher education, preferably STEM.
- PMP® certification.
- Security +CE, ITIL, and/or CSM certifications a plus.
- 10+ years of program/project management experience with demonstrated ability to lead/manage multiple, small to large scale technical projects
- Candidates should possess a full range of project management skills including creating and maintaining technical project plans, project work breakdown structures, resource plans and schedules.
- Management or technical leadership experience demonstrating meeting facilitation and presentation skills, writing skills, project and team management, and interpersonal skills with team members and clients for technical projects.
- Proven experience leading teams and working across organizational boundaries to meet mission requirements.
- Proven experience briefing senior leadership.
- Demonstrated understanding of the project lifecycle in complex technical environments; fluency with software, information assurance and operations concepts.
- Proven experience leading and working on systems/software engineering technical development and integration projects.
- SDLC experience including Initiation, Planning, Requirements, Solution/Design, Execution, Test and Project Closeout phases.
- Agile methodology experience preferred, including understanding of SCRUM execution for software development projects.
- Technical aptitude with strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to tailor communications and influence critical decisions with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, etc. for project execution.
- Work under the supervision of a Program Manager according to company policies and project specifications.
- Act as the backup to the Program Manager when the PM is out of the office or needs to support multiple activities simultaneously, as well as, act as initial POC with government COR
- Coordinate and ensure 'on-time' deliverables within the disparate workgroups developers, tech writers, configuration management, and quality assurance and control prepare and coordinate agenda for customer reviews, prepare and coordinate agendas
- Attend customer meetings and internal FTI management meetings, as required, to present project status.
- Additional responsibilities could include defining project scope, managing quality assurance, and identifying risks related to the project, and aiding the program manager with customer expectations.
- Ensure projects have proper funding on an ongoing basis. The project manager will need to track multiple lines of funding and expenditures
- Ensure that project personnel are qualified to perform the given tasks and potential project personnel problems are preempted
- Strong client management and communication skills needed to build trust through expertise and transparency within a dynamic and politically charged environment.
- Ability to manage geographically dispersed team made up of FTI and subcontractor personnel within an integrated framework to achieve an integrated vision.
- Ability to manage managers, including delegation by responsibility, Role and Responsibility definition, clear tasking, and tracking/statuses.
- Ability to travel.
- Thorough approach to daily activities, with strong attention to details and problem solving. Able to understand work problems and procedures and ensure accuracy of work.
- Ability to accept and receive constructive feedback with professionalism and polish; mentoring experience strongly desired.
- U.S. citizenship with current Secret government security clearance.
FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D