Position: 876 - Scrum Master
Type: Full Time
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Frontier Technology Inc. is seeking a Scrum Master to support multiple projects in Chesapeake, VA. Work location also can be at FTI sites including but not limited to Huntsville, AL, Dayton, OH and Crystal City, VA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work in a dynamic, Agile environment in support of a government customer located in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience as an Agile Scrum Master, and must demonstrate skills in conflict resolution, issue/barrier management, and escalation management. The candidate must have the ability to strongly partner with various stakeholders to drive, influence and participate in planning and development in an agile environment within large corporate environments. The candidate’s required technical expertise will include strong skills in Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and enterprise software for scrum team management such as JIRA, Confluence, and/or TFS is required.
This position requires a Scrum Master to work hand-in-hand with a geographically dispersed team of managers, analysts, software developers, database analysts and senior technical personnel. The candidate will work with both the development team and its customer to ensure on-time delivery of the software solution. Understanding of COTS and GOTS applications strongly preferred.
The Scrum Master relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, working under supervision of a Project Manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required and expected to propose effective solutions and navigate/direct business vision and requirements. Solid foundation in Scrum concepts and methods is required to ensure processes are appropriately adapted and integrated into highly regulated development environment.
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, preferably in STEM
- Certified ScrumMaster® or PMI-ACP
- At least five years of experience as an Agile Scrum Master, preferably in a government/contractor setting
- Ability to work with cross functional team (i.e. project manager, logisticians, engineers, program analysts)
- Ability to work independently with a geographically dispersed team
- Solid understanding of Continuous Development / Continuous Integration process
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- At least three years of experience utilizing software used for Agile project management such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Redmine, etc.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Facilitate planning for sprints, features, and larger technical initiatives; serve as a facilitator for Product Owners and the development/engineering team and focus teams to deliver value quickly through iterations.
- Deliver and facilitate effective and efficient Agile ceremonies including weekly stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Identify and remove impediments, control distractions, and facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Coach and enact continuous improvement within the team to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables.
- Ensure appropriate consistency and coordination between delivery teams; help the team converge on consistent capacity and performance metrics.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition.
- Develop and track Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics and use them to achieve committed goals; analyze the data to identify trends and areas for improvement that can assist all stakeholders in achieving delivery and business goals.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress to provide transparency across the client company.
- Ensure proper documentation using Agile artifacts (product vision statement, product backlog, product roadmap, release progress, sprint backlog, etc.).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with team members and clients
- Thorough approach to tasks, with fine attention to detail and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to meet programmatic goals and timelines, especially in multilateral work groups
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills that smooth impediments to attain solutions
- U.S. citizenship with current Secret government security clearance.
FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D