Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are seeking an individual to coordinate and provide management assistance to the definition, implementation and improvements of IT governance controls processes, procedures and tools. This includes: Project and program sanctioning, collaborating across IS and other NG governance committees, assist in Investment planning, both annual and as needed throughout the fiscal year, collaborating and coordinating with multiple IS teams including but not limited to Business Partners and production planning within Program Delivery, contribute to and assist in timely responses to Rate Cases, supporting the IT Regulatory team; contribute to IT compliance to audit, risks, ethics, safety and other management policies and requirements, and coordinate Finance process and handoffs across the IT Build process / investment lifecycle.
In addition, this individual will also support processes and behaviors that improve the efficiency and compliance to both IS and NG, including but not limited to:
- Financial accounting for IT investments, liaising and coordinating with IT Finance
- Planning and governance alignment with Procurement and related commercial policies and processes
- Communications and training for proliferating a common understanding and acceptance of processes and policies, both those established internally with IS as well as those published by the wider NG organization
- Quality reviews, quality assurance and quality controls established and executed as appropriate
- Review and refresh of the Solution Delivery Framework as it relates to scope of responsibility
- Chair and coordinate process performance session, including but not limited to the sanction process.
- Support the tracking and reporting of metrics monitoring and measuring projects delivering accurate, timely and reliable insights to the performance of investments.
- Coordinate, execute and continuously improve the IS governance (sanctioning) process, including oversight of planning and approval meetings
- Maintain and deliver appropriate SOPs, training and communications to ensure compliance to IT policies and procedures, including but not limited to governance and financial treatments
- Prepare appropriate plan views for review and validation with various stakeholder groups
- Share best practices and ensure common processes are used across IT
- Provide assurance activities where appropriate in order support IT performance and SOX compliance
Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills across diverse stakeholder groups, in a virtual and distributed matrix team
- High energy and ability to multi-task
- Strong communication, leadership, influencing, and partnering skills
- Collaborate and influence business and IT stakeholders to explore best in class, innovative solutions to business challenges
- Familiar with working in a Regulated environment
- Able to operate as a highly independent worker and self-starter
- Able to work as a team and collaborate with peers
- Demonstrate ability to provide exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Ability to excel in high pressure environment, balancing competing priorities with strong commitment to delivering results
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- 2-3+ years experience in governance & controls activities
- 2-3+ years experience in quality assurance and data management
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent people management and meeting facilitation skills
- Awareness and understanding of the project development life-cycle
- Strong technical skills in Excel, SharePoint, Access, and PowerPlant
- Professional writing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge with corporate business planning processes
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks within the US
- Some marketing, communications and/or negotiations experience
- Demonstrate Compliance reporting / compliance management skills, such as SOX and Audit
- Demonstrate delivering presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences including all levels of management
- Motivation and engagement to assigned tasks
- Astute attention to detail and process
- Knowledge of Process Improvement activities
- Track record of delivering successfully through teamwork and enforcing best practices
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and improve services that enhance client satisfaction and productivity
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.