Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, experienced FPGA Design Engineer to work on Airborne Radar Receiver product development for defense applications. The position will be located in El Segundo, California.
The candidate is responsible for developing FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing simulation and testing of the FPGA, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of microprocessor, memory, and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start dateDesired Skill
- Minimum 6 years of experience in FPGA design implementation and testing, or 4 years with a related Master’s degree
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Design Tool Set to create schematics that contain microprocessor, FPGAs, high-speed transceivers, DDR and flash memories, block diagrams, parts lists and design review packages for complex electronics
- Generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, and FPGA debugging tools
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
- Experience designing with Xilinx and/or Altera FPGAs
- Expertise in FPGA development tools such as ModelSim/QuestaSim, Synplify, Xilinx ISE, Vivado and Altera Quartus
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in designing for Airborne Radar Systems
- Create and run self-checking simulation test benches for FPGA designs
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
: Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer EngineeringDesired Education
: Advanced degrees in related fields or technology a plus
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.