As a Senior Software Engineer, selected candidate will design, develop, test and integrate software for the Modular Mission Computer (MMC) family of airborne processor products. The Senior Software engineer will report to the product area Software Project Lead (SPL).
Some of the main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop real time embedded software using an agile methodology and standard Raytheon processes;
- In addition to the modification of the existing product line code base, there will be development of new software functionality/capabilities in order to meet specific product instantiation requirements.
- Development includes low level interface and control of processor board hardware and the creation of hardware, messaging and operating APIs for use by other software.
- Positions exist in both the development of deployable mission software and in the development of critical test software used to test/verify the mission software.
- All phases of the software development life cycle;
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Real-time embedded software development experience
- 5+ years C/C++ programming experience
- Strong technical development, integration, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with direct control of hardware devices and registers
- Experienced with product development utilizing standard software development processes
- Active secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Experienced with product development utilizing the Scrum techniques of the agile software development process
- Experience with Real Time Operating System (RTOS) such as Green Hills or VxWorks
- Experience with National Instruments TestStand and LabWindows CVI
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Science or Engineering.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.