The Quality Manger will develop, implement, manage and maintain effective Quality policies and procedures that meet the criteria for ISO compliance as well as Corporate and government ground and aviation requirements. Principal Accountabilities
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Work collaboratively with Corporate Quality to develop, implement and sustain a quality-based program that meets or exceeds the company and customer requirements.
• Serve as a quality liaison with Corporate Quality and ensure consistent practices and deliverables meet quality standards.
• Lead and guide improvement initiatives and make high-value improvements across the program.
• Prepare, maintain, enforce, and update the Quality Plan to drive performance using ISO standards across all aspects of the Program.
• Develop and implement program-specific process improvement initiatives.
• Conduct regular, technical reviews of all ongoing improvement projects and conduct thorough audits of projects in the closure phase.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze program(s) metrics.
• Direct Quality training and implementation.
• Prepare and submit functional area deliverables on schedule in accordance with requirements.
• Ensure compliance with ISO standards.
• Empower workforce with stop work authority for quality breaches.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and provide guidance on related disciplines.
• Seek, share and assist in institutionalizing best practices.
• Establishes and tracks progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of process improvement initiatives.
• Ensure operational personnel comply with established and applicable DI policies and procedures.
• Conduct audits, inspections to ensure compliance with DI policies and procedures and implements corrective actions as required.
• Coordinate with Corporate Continuous Improvement functions as necessary
• Participate in the identification and implementation of all continuous process improvement activities.
Knowledge & Skills
• Extensive knowledge of aircraft maintenance (rotor craft), planning, quality control and supervisory policies, principles, procedures and techniques.
• Working knowledge of analytical methodology, statistical process control and continual process improvement.
• Familiarity with the development and operation of management reporting systems.
• Ability to develop and present senior staff-level briefings and management reports.
• Demonstrated experience with process improvement approaches.
• Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge and experience working in MIL-Q-9858 and ISO-9110 environments
Experience & Education
• Minimum of 7 years experience with fixed wing aircraft heavy maintenance and possess repair experience on aircraft of similar category and class of aircraft as the C-130.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or engineering; Two (2) year’s experience in related field can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
• Eight to ten years experience in the Quality field.
• Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certified Inspector Authorization Mechanic, or a previously qualified Primary Quality Assurance Technician on C-130 aircraft or aircraft of similar type
o ASQ Certified manager of quality and organizational Excellence.
o Significant knowledge and experience with the ISO system.
o Certified LEAN and/or Six Sigma Black Belt.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.Travel
Ability to travel domestically