Aircraft Machinist - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Aircraft Machinist provides machinist support for aircraft, engines and support equipment. Performs tasks under minimum supervision.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Repairs/fabricates parts for aircraft, engines and support equipment.
- Maintains shop equipment.
- Complies with the requirements of the FOD prevention, housekeeping, tool control, environmental and safety programs.
- Completes all necessary manual and automated records required by USCG and Company directives.
- Operates portable fire-fighting equipment.
- Follows technical data, manuals, regulations, and other maintenance directives as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of machine shop practices and procedures is required.
- Working knowledge of drawings, blueprints, maintenance instructions and other applicable USCG and Company directives.
- Ability to read and write and to comprehend technical data.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in machine shop operations is required.
- One (1) year experience in aviation machine tool operations.
- Prior experience on C-130 aircraft is desirable.
- Completion of high school or the equivalent is required. Completion of specialized courses is desired.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from jet aircraft.
- Special Conditions - Must be able to lift a minimum weight of 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time, and have the ability to climb ladders and stairs.
More Jobs For Veterans...