The C-130 Production Manager is responsible for all production operations in assigned area to including planning, staffing, implementation, production, quality and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes, and controls the production processes to ensure activities completed on time, in a safe and quality manner.
• Provides daily oversight of production schedule and performance.
• Provides planning and guidance to support long term and sustainable production to meet internal/external production requirements.
• Provides recommendations on process improvements to streamline work and decrease production schedules.
• Reviews and evaluates all work performed to ensure compliance with all plans, policies, and procedures.
• Manage daily activities of the organizational staff members to ensure effective efficiencies in compliance with corporate, contractual and legal requirements.
• Lead, manage, and mentor maintenance personnel to foster and maintain a highly motivated and efficient workforce.
• Ensures a safe workplace and complies with all federal, state, and local regulations.
• Counsels employees as necessary and grants leave. Interviews prospective employees and assists in the selection of new employees. Recommends and initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and appropriate disciplinary action.
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills :
• Ability to plan, coordinate, schedule, direct, and control personnel and materials to meet requirements.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate a skilled workforce.
• Ability to read and interpret technical data and other applicable directives.
• Extensive knowledge of systems maintenance and operations of the area assigned.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English; good verbal and written communication skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Five (5) years of documented management experience for depot level maintenance, at facility conducting depot maintenance on multiple aircraft at the same time, for C-130 or similar aircraft type within the past ten (10) years.
• Extensive knowledge of USCG aeronautical engineering policy highly desired.
• Must be able to work day shift, night shift, or weekend duty as required.
• May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
• May be exposed to extreme noise, fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.