Raytheon’s engineers develop the next generation of defense technologies that support our military and protect our nation and allies. We are the world’s leader in developing and manufacturing leading edge missile systems and defense solutions. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy solving complex problems and engaging in a dynamic team environment.
Our efforts allow the customer to experiment with and develop new and complex weapon systems in a simulation-driven virtual environment. We create battlefield simulations, detailed software models of hardware and environments, perform post flight analysis, physics-based modeling, integrate flight software, run time optimization, and investigate military product value. Our center’s engineers are versatile, innovative, self-motivated and eager to learn.
The Tucson, AZ, Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center (MSA) organization is searching for SeniorElectro-Optics (EO) Modeling Engineers to join our team of engineering professionals. EO Modelers develop high fidelity performance simulations which include EO sensors, scene generation capability in multiple sensor channels, and system performance analysis including pre-flight prediction, post flight matching, and verification and validation.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. Guidance, Navigation, and Control, Signal Processing, and System Performance Analysis) to create high fidelity simulations and sensor models for missile system design, performance assessment, and flight test support. This includes developing and implementing credible modeling solutions to support trade studies and program simulations.
- Independently determine and develop approaches and solutions on diverse projects spanning the product lifecycle from the initial concept to a fielded product.
- Responsibilities may include providing technical and schedule leadership for the simulation products of a specific program and interaction with government counterparts as an authority on simulation products.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Other Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Eight (8) years of applied work experience coding in object-oriented languages (especially C++)
- Eight (8) years of experience using mathematical tools such as MATLAB
- Experience in the use of UNIX/Linux based workstations and Microsoft Office Suite
- Eight (8) years designing and analyzing simulation experiments with four (4) years of experience specifically involving electro-optics and their application to engineering problems
- Four (4) years of leadership experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar lead role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- Familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Desired Education, Experience & Skills:
- Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security clearance
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
Learn more about us:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Electronic warfare modeling
- Developing signal processing algorithms for missile applications
- EO Scene Generation
- EO Hardware Design and Test
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools
- Working knowledge of computer graphics (e.g. OpenGL) and GP/GPU technologies and parallel processing
- Course work or experience in the following fields: signal & image processing, digital communications, estimation theory
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams and multi-task
- Current Secret Department of Defense Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.