Raytheon’s engineers develop the next generation of defense technologies that support our military and protect our nation and allies. We are the world’s leader in developing and manufacturing leading edge missile systems and defense solutions. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy solving complex problems and engaging in a dynamic team environment.
Our efforts allow the customer to experiment with and develop new and complex weapon systems in a simulation-driven virtual environment. We create battlefield simulations, detailed software models of hardware and environments, perform post flight analysis, physics-based modeling, integrate flight software, run time optimization, and investigate military product value. Our center’s engineers are versatile, innovative, self-motivated and eager to learn.
The Tucson, AZ, Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Center (MSA) organization is searching for SeniorRadio Frequency (RF) Modeling Engineers with Experience in Hypersonics to join our team of engineering professionals. Hypersonic RF Modelers apply a broad understanding of radar concepts, the effects of operating in a high-speed environment, and a basic understanding of associated software and hardware capabilities and limitations. They model missile technologies such as passive and active RF seekers or RF fuses using physics-based modeling and may specialize in one or more RF areas. An understanding of other types of RF technology or of Electricity and Magnetism can be adapted to this role. A working knowledge of software, radar signal processing, and missile operational environments is helpful. The RF Modeler’s expertise make them adept problem solvers and allow them to perform or lead effective trade studies and develop advanced RF technologies.
Job Description and Key Tasks:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. Guidance, Navigation, and Control, Signal Processing, and System Performance Analysis) to create high fidelity simulations and radar sensor models for hypersonic missile system design, performance assessment, and flight test support. This includes developing and implementing credible modeling solutions to support trade studies and program simulations.
- Independently determine and develop approaches and solutions on diverse projects spanning the product lifecycle from the initial concept to a fielded product.
- Responsibilities may include providing technical and schedule leadership for the simulation products of a specific program and interaction with government counterparts as an authority on simulation products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Eight (8) years of applied work experience coding in object-oriented languages (especially C++)
- Eight (8) years of experience using mathematical tools such as MATLAB
- Experience in the use of UNIX/Linux based workstations and Microsoft Office Suite
- Eight (8) years designing and analyzing simulation experiments with four (4) years of experience specifically involving RF Receiver Chain, RF Environment, RF verification/validation, or other Radar Frequency related variables
- Two (2) years working with hypersonic systems and the effects of the high-speed environment on RADAR and/or RF communications systems
- Four (4) years of leadership experience managing others as a technical lead, team lead or similar lead role involving applied system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- Familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or Math
- Electronic warfare modeling
- Developing signal processing algorithms for missile applications
- RF Scene Generation
- RF Hardware Design and Test
- Modeling electromagnetic signals and sensor systems
- Proficiency in Linux or Unix OS
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools
- Working knowledge of computer graphics (e.g. OpenGL) and GP/GPU technologies and parallel processing
- Course work or experience in the following fields: radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, estimation theory and/or electro optics
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and the development of program schedules
- Knowledge of Raytheon Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and program major gates (Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc.)
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams and multi-task
- Current Secret Department of Defense Clearance
Learn more about us:
Simulation is the discipline of designing a model of an actual or theoretical physical system, executing the model on a digital computer, and analyzing the execution output. The use of a mathematical model to recreate a situation, often repeatedly, so that the likelihood of various outcomes can be more accurately estimated.
Model is a digital representation of a system over some time period or spatial extent intended to predict the physical system’s performance in the real world.
Visualization - Simplify Complicated Concepts into a concise 3 to 5 minute presentation to help clarify the intended message for the customer. Aid the War fighter by visualizing integrated systems solutions to help expedite key decision making processes.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.