Panama City Beach
• The network engineer will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities for Naval Systems Warfare Center Panama City Division NSWC PCD) Mission Package Computing Environment (MPCE).
Support will include:
• Manage configurations of assigned ships/labs by tracking status changes, meticulous review and audit configs, and maintaining working draft of proposed changes while in development.
• Analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
• Conduct network architecture design and possibly support Form-Fit-Function (FFF) capabilities for end-of life servers and evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the current network.
• Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to Program Office requirements,.
• Conduct testing of network systems with government personnel.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
Bachelors with 3 years experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• CCNA Routing and Switching Certification
• CCNA Security
• Background in computer systems and linux operating systems
• Comp TIA Sec+