The Special Services Operator should be capable of operating at least one specific type of auxiliary well servicing equipment or assist in an operation that requires two or more employees. There are four levels of Special Services Operators, designated by titles of Special Services Operator I, Special Services Operator II, Special Services Operator III and Special Services Operator IV. Each level designates a number of pieces of equipment that an employee is certified to operate. An employee is designated a Level I Operator if they can only operate one piece of equipment, or perform one function. Level II can operate two pieces of equipment. Level III can operate three pieces of equipment. Level IV can operate four pieces of equipment.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Performs or assists in the Rigging Up/Down of the Auxiliary Well Service Equipment.
- This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the Auxiliary Equipment operations and Company's Standard Operating Procedures and also other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
- Assists in lining up the well servicing unit with the well.
- Assists with setting up of the hydraulic jacks, handle pads/boards, and assists in attaching the guywires to the anchors.
- If driving, drives trucks to location and unloads or loads equipment as required.
- If driving, operator must maintain accurate work tickets based on the Company’s requirements and the work performed for the customer.
- If driving, operator must maintain log books, pre-trip/post-trip inspections and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when hours worked may exceed DOT maximums.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pass the company’s drug screen.
- Pass the company’s "Physical Functions Assessment".
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give written and verbal instructions; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- A working knowledge of transport, winch, pump, tank and/or transport trucks, depending on area of responsibility.
- A CDL is preferred.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with truck weights, sizes, and ratings.
- Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to learn or have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with the position.
Must have the ability to learn, or possess the knowledge of how to perform one of the following functions:
1. coil tubing operator
2. cement pump truck driver
3. cement bulk truck driver
4. vacuum truck driver
5. snubbing units (basket man or operator)
6. winch truck driver
7. pump service worker
9. lubrication worker
10. foam operator
11. Special Services hotshot driver
12. Rig Crew worker
13. Hydrocrane operator
Required Experience and Education