Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Principal IT Asset Manager at Bolling in Washington, DC area with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The IMS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
ManTech is looking for a motivated, customer-oriented IT Asset Manager who performs tasks relative to the control of government property assigned to the company. Conducts periodic inventories of government furnished material and equipment. Maintains inventory records on government and capital equipment. Tracks, monitors, and reports the status and usage of government property. Prepares reports and documents in compliance with government procedures and requirements. May coordinate subcontractor repair activities. Coordinates activities related to the disposition of government property.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- SW and HW mgt. Integrate system with electronic PR system
- Assist with capturing IT assets and asset info
- Assist with developing/maintaining documentation for the ITAM program
- Assist with writing monthly progress reports
- Provide assistance to the ITAM program guidance and training as required
- Assist with ITAM process mappings
- Assist with ITAM Reference Library (Training Material, ITAM instructions, ITAM resources, etc.)
- Assist with ITAM reports (descriptions, Valuation, costs, compliance requirements, training, inventories, disposition, destruction and inspection, etc.
- Provide input into the development and assists in the implementation of and adherence to standards, processes and tools for asset management and asset inventory throughout the asset lifecycle
- Responsible for understanding current and helping develop future processes with regard to IT hardware asset management service delivery
- Research industry best practices and compare against organization’s practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing IT assets
- Respond to escalated asset management issues and determine appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
- Support investigation and response for internal or external hardware audits
- Responsible for identification and mitigation of potential risks and issues of business practices/processes and end user adoption and alternative solutions design
- Responsible for defining and documenting business needs and requirements, and generating solutions that satisfy the internal customer needs
- Solicitation of internal customer requirements through interviews, workshops and existing systems documentation or procedures is required across all levels of the business
- Participate in cross-functional teams to collaborate, develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations within internal service organizations
- Oversee the management and control of asset information, which includes data integrity and accuracy
- Be an interface between various departments and be able to conduct and communicate at a high level with department leaders, managers or other personnel as appropriate
- At least 7 years of related experience leading and managing IT asset management team, to include, instructing and tracking staff activities and progress.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree. The degree may be substituted with 6 additional years of related experience.
- Advanced skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- US Drivers License required and travel to local sites
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent contract and supplier management skills.
- ITIL v3 certification
- Knowledge of industry knowledge of lifecycle management of IT assets including but not limited to understanding common lifecycle stages and processes associated with each:
- Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources. Demonstrated ability to influence and work across multiple organizations and levels. Past experience delivering IT support to end customers.
- Experience with IT Asset Management systems such as BMC or ServiceNow desired
Top Secret clearance with SCI/CI Poly eligibility required