Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Lead Engineer
Location: US-US-SC-North Charleston
Job Number: 1076781
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The engineering manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Engineering and Watch staff.
Responsibilities to include supervising engineering staff, project management, and installation, repair and maintenance of all N6C equipment. Experience in maintaining
equipment, including routers, and switchers, servers, SOC systems.
Develop and maintain a strong professional relationship with our internal customer
• Lead large technical projects, from inception to hands on implementation
• You will strategize, plan, test and manage the deployments of solutions in the organization
• Responsible for the rate of adoption of new technologies
• Staying on top of the latest technology that can complements our business
• Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support
• Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, vendors, and to solve interesting and challenging problems across the N6C platforms
• Participate in backend engineering technology architecture discussions for product development and advocate better integration and development practices
• Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, performance, and fault tolerance using state of the art tools
• Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the larger engineering community
• Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard Administrators, engineers and Watchstanders
BA/BS in Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related discipline plus 15 years of experience. In lieu of formal education, at least 18 years of related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
Travel Requirement 25%
Must have CompTIA Security
to start work
OS Certification/Approved Training completed within 180 days of hire
Candidates must have at least an active Top Secret clearance
Possession of excellent customer service and organization skills
Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
An inclusive, flexible and supportive culture, with merit based pay for performance, along with ongoing training and development opportunities for those that have the desire to succeed.
WHO WE ARE:
KBRwyle is KBR’s global government services organization.
We deliver mission critical, full life cycle services that improve military readiness, drive innovation, and help ensure mission success.
Since WWII, we have led many of the federal government’s most important programs in the areas of defense, space and technology. Today, our employees are solving some of the world’s most challenging problems and inspiring the future.
KBRwyle core capabilities include engineering, operations, logistics, science, program and acquisition management, IT, cyber and security services.
Learn more about KBRwyle by visiting
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Systems Engineering