We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities, which arm and defend our warfighters. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing radar and sensor solutions which deliver superior detecting, ranging, and tracking for military forces worldwide.
This position will support design, development, test, and verification of algorithms supporting the Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems (MTS) programs. The successful candidate will be an active participant on the integrated product team (IPT) for the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit; providing embedded real-time software development for the MTS programs. The software development will consist of developing algorithms for a large complex Electro Optic (EO) system. Specific duties include performing software development and system integration and test for a complex sensor system using Raytheon engineering processes and practices. The individual may also be called upon to provide flight test and field support. This individual will work as part of a large multi-disciplined team to develop the system. This individual will also be asked to use modular design approaches and/or agile software development techniques for a high quality, supportable system.
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube:
- Participating in the full software lifecycle development (requirements analysis, design, implementation and unit testing, software integration and test, system level integration)
- Performing requirements analysis / definition to ensure system will meet all customer requirements.
- Integrating system parameters and software solutions into the real-time system and ensure the functionality of the requirement.
- Participating in code and other software artifacts reviews.
- Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems and Electrical Engineering, to obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience supporting and developing real-time embedded software.
- Experience with C/C++, or Ada.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to develop real-time embedded SW in a CMMI process driven environment.
- Experience using a Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), e.g., VxWorks, Linux, Green Hills (GH) Integrity.
- Applicants must have the ability to manage their own workload and have strong decision analysis skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple unrelated tasks in an organized manner.
- Ability to work occasional overtime to support critical program events.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form, and must be able to team well with others. This includes demonstrated effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Willing to travel < 10% of the time to support flight tests and off-site integration activities.
- A current Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
- Software experience programming in Ada.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
- Current working experience with Object Oriented (OO) design and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Working knowledge ofTelelogic DOORS, Rational CM Synergy and Change Synergy, Rational Team Concert(RTC)
- Working experience with Power PC or similar processor, hardware interfaces, and space/airborne sensor systems.
- Working experience with hardware interfaces and communications within a multi-processor system.
- Experience with design, code, integration, and test of large systems.
- Minimum B.S. degree from an accredited university, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
Desired Education: M.S. degree from an accredited university, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline. 128792
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.