We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
• One of the top ten “Best Companies for Women to Work” by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
• Among the “Best Places to Launch a Career” by Business Week magazine
• A “Top 50 Employer” by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube:
We are looking to hire a Senior Multi Domain Battle Management Software Architect to join our team of Software Engineers that are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, electronic warfare, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
Typical job functions include:
- Participation on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex application software products (planning services and real time decision aids/services) which our customers use to manage, and control assets in the field.
- Work on Advanced Command and Control Applications leveraging Web services, messaging protocols between systems, graphical interface design, plug in infrastructures, HTML5, and advanced visualization techniques.
- Being responsible for some or all of the software portion of the product, contributing as a software team member and possibly directing a small software team. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from requirements analysis, through architecture and design, implementation, integration and test, and off site customer and supplier integration and test activities.
- Will provide software architecture expertise and technical leadership to the team.
- Must be able to quickly understand the existing code base, apply customer specific requirements, and development a software system level vision and architecture to accomplish program goals.
- 10+ years of work related experience with application software; see examples in desired skills..
- BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Software development experience with Java, C#, or related languages.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience spanning software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Experience with developing and debugging TCP/IP based interfaces such as REST, RPC, Web Sockets and custom interfaces.
- Experience with Web Development and modern tooling such as CSS, sass, less, Webpack.
- Experience with Eclipse and OSGi/Eclipse Plugin Framework.
- Experience with Cesium, Google Earth and/or other Mapping/GIS software
- Experience working with EW Sensors/Sensor Networks.
- Experience with creating Docker Images for application containerization.
- Experience with basic Web Server security and deployment.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Support occasional travel to integration and test events at customer sites.
- Experience leading small team of software engineers.
- Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.